Saturday, December 5, 2009

Reality

I wish I had this documented, but I don't. Over a year ago, before the Nov. elections, I said something to the effect that the whole "Obama personality cult" would be very disillusioned when they discovered that their idol was just another politician. I figured that the wave of euphoria would die quickly, and judging by this Washington Post article, I'm right. I guess it wasn't that prophetic of a prediction; everyone should have realized that the personality worship of this past election campaign was unfounded. I love the quote from the article: "[Liberals] saw him as a transformational figure who would end war, save the Earth from global warming, restore the economy -- and still be home for dinner. They lashed out at anybody who dared to suggest that Obama was just another politician, subject to calculation, expediency and vanity like all the rest." Well surprise surprise, Pres. Obama isn't the nation's savior--no one person can be, even in the highest executive position. It's not the purpose of this post to Obama-bash--there are plenty of people that do that better than I-- but I just wanted to feel vindicated for my incredulous view of the "cult", which while still surviving, is quickly dying down.

No comments:

Post a Comment