Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Ft. Hood

Well I follow the news nonstop, so let me hit this one first before it fades away. The Fort Hood shootings- terribly tragedy, proof that terrorism is alive and well. But many writers and pundits hesitate to use the T word. Why? Because the perpetrator was a Muslim, and in our PC world it's bad to associate the two. Now let me qualify my remarks- several of my colleagues are Muslims, and they are terrific people and I respect them highly. Their religion has made them great people of exceptional faith. But just like many other sects, there are the crazies that think that God justifies their murder. Hasan's killing spree was premeditated and ideological. You don't cry "Allahu Akbar" and shoot several dozen people out of coincidence. If Timothy McVeigh qualified as a terrorist, you bet Hasan should be called the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment