Saturday, November 21, 2009

Safety first

Just a few words on something that I've become quite interested in: gun safety. I think a lot of firearms-related accidents happen not because guns are dangerous, but because the proper precautions are not taken. Look at all the dangerous items we encounter every day- cars, knives, stairs, chemicals- but we generally take the necessary precautions to prevent personal injury. We wear seat belts and drive defensively, we keep knives in a drawer and watch our fingers, we keep chemicals away from little babies. We know how to reduce risk related to everyday dangerous objects. Firearms are no different. Accidents can be prevented if a few simple precautions are taken. Like I said, I think most accidents happen because people get careless, just like many car accidents are caused by carelessness. I'm including a great video on simple steps that must be followed-every time- to prevent accidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment